Saturday, June 2, 2012

Red pencil

Somedays I really wish I could talk to my grandpa and grandma, to hear their voices.  Josh has been wanting me to play Amazing Grace for him.  Today I picked up my grandma's hymnal and flipped to the back of it where all the songs are listed by page number.  Instead of flipping right to Amazing Grace I got distracted by the pencil mark lines next to some songs.  I do not know why these songs had marks by them but I am going to assume they were some of my grandma's favorites.  I decided as much as I hate playing hymns I am going to try to learn every song my grandma purposely marked.  Its small things like this that make me feel like she is still around me when I can't see or talk with her anymore and ease the pain of losing her.  This is the first song I chose to play from her list.   It's a new one to me.


2 comments:

  1. Funny how those simple little marks look like her handwriting! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete