Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A crappy situation

Last night around 3:00am I woke up and heard the sub pump working every 30 seconds.  I told Josh and we figured that it was because all the snow was melted outside.  When I woke up this morning i noticed it smelled musty/stinky so Mass and I went to investigate.  We opened the basement door, smelled sewer and heard a waterfall.  Oh me oh my!  Josh got home.  He went in the basement and sure enough a waterful and broken pipe. We called a plumber and he came out.  Our septic is full and can't be reached until the frost is gone 😢😢.  The pipe can't be fixed until the water in our ditch and yard goes down.  He they would fix it now all the water from those two places would flood our house.  The plumber told just at least a week and Josh said we can't have water going into our basement for another week!!!  So they said possibly a couple of days.  Our house stinks and there is water standing in our basement.  I cried and cried.  However, I came to the realization that it was old piping so whatever we do to fix it will be an update to our house.  This makes me not as sad.  In the meantime we are staying at Drew and Beckys whole Josh sleeps there to make sure the sub pump doesn't quit.  If it quits it will be bad news bears.  The photos below are all spetic water that could potentially flood our house if we try to fix the pipe now 😔


1 comment:

  1. That is rather intense. I hope you've gotten yourself out of that bind at this point, and have already drafted contingencies that will help you get around the inevitable flooding next time. All the best to you!

    Sharon Strock @ Storm Chambers

    ReplyDelete