Saturday, January 14, 2012

How to cook a Turkey

I made my first turkey today stove top stuffing included (why do I choose Stove Top vs. homemade?  Because if I were to make homemade and realized all the yucky parts go into it, I would prob not be able to eat it).  I got out my cookbook that showed how to stuff the turkey which may seem obvious to some people, but my turkey had two holes.  One where the bag of "yucky" turkey parts is stored and one where the "oh my gosh there is a neck in there" is stored.  I followed the pictures, cooked it for the proper time (until the timer popped ;) ) and properly tried to cut it with a bread knife.  Say what?  Yes a bread knife because I do not have a carving knife and it was the longest one I had.  The turkey was delicious :-) It was followed by homemade apple pie and a scoop of vanilla.


1 comment:

  1. Good Job! Oh, just so you know for the next time ....you can make homemade dressing without the yucky parts and it will taste great. : )

    ReplyDelete