Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pixie and Dixie

Interesting day at work.  I was working at ads at my computer when one of the Sales Reps came up.  She said you will never guess what I found in my daughters bathroom, in a box, hiding in her garbage can so she wouldn't get caught.  My head went in and out of the gutter in a matter of seconds, when finally she exclaimed...MICE!!  Two white field mice to be exact.  Her daughter had bought them at the local pet store, put them in a box along with newspaper and a make shift water bowl made from a cut off coffee cup, oh and a couple of crumpled crackers (note...mice are not fans of Ritz Flip crackers).  She asked if my boss or I wanted them...right then I thought to myself...noooooooo don't ask us!  Why?  Because they were Mice?  NO...because my boss has a snake and what does she feed her snake...LIVE MICE!  My boss said she would take them and right then I knew the fate of these mice.  The sales rep went back to her office and brought up the box of mice.  I peaked at them and they were sooo cute!  Apparently mice can be cute.  They were also really friendly.  I began to feel soooo sorry for these mice...they were about to meet their death! I picked up the fatter of the two mice and it just sat in my hand almost as if it was saying "save me".   My boss left work for the day and I told her that I hoped (ONLY JOKING OF COURSE) she would trip and the mice would escape their death....unfornuately for the mice I don't this happened.  RIP Pixie and Dixie.






1 comment:

  1. I really thought it was going to say you kept the mice...Tazer and Lucie would not have been nice to the mice. Thanks for the sad blog. Tomorrow needs to be a happy one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete