Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tazer to the top!

Josh and I purchased this 5 ft kitty tower a few months ago to replace the 8 ft kitty tower.  Our previous tower was a spring loaded tower that fit between the ceiling in the floor.  Lucee LOVED it.  She would sleep on the top layer of the tower every day, however, Tazer could only get onto the bottom layer, so we decided to purchase a shorter, more durable tower.  Tazer is vertically challenged.  She currently weighs 13 lbs and is only about 8 inches tall when she is on all fours...if you are thinking to yourself wow that cat is fat, you are right!  Tazer claims its excess fur but we all know the truth.  Just before Christmas I was feeling bad for Tazer.  (She would always stare at Lucee on top with envy...possibly a little jealousy too, I mean she is older by a year and can't jump!  Wouldn't you be?!)  I decided to pick Tazer up and set her on top of the tower.  You would have thought she had won a lifetime supply of catnip.  She sat on that top layer sooo proud, purring to beat the band!  After a couple hours went by she decided it was time to get down (prob to have a snack) and cried because she wasn't sure how to do that.   I lifted her down and away she went.  A day passed and I noticed Tazer was becoming more and more curious when looking at the cat tower.  I was sitting on the couch and thought I was hallucinating...was Tazer preparing to jump from the top of the couch to the top of the cat tower...she was!  She crouched down, her little stubby tail was flicking from side to side, her back legs started shaking from the adrenaline...and she was off...SHE MADE IT!!  I have never witnessed a cat more proud!!  She now goes on the top layer all the time.  Lucee and Tazer are working on sharing, usually their version of sharing consists of Tazer's sleep being interuppted by Lucee's paws hitting her so she will give up the top.  Tonight was the FIRST successful night of Kitty Tower Sharing. 


2 comments:

  1. I believe that my cat is not fat at all, she is just full of love and she is so purrfect the way she is. (mean mommy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your blog. Cute pic!

    ReplyDelete